…. 10 questions, 10 answers, and 10 more questions !
Ok, so I was nominated for this kind award by…
Beyond the Books Homeschool!
The Liebster Award is something within the blogging world,
that is passed on from one new blogger to the next.
It is an honor to receive a nomination because it means your blog has been recognized
…for its potential to grow and reach others….
and someone liked it enough to give it to you!
Now awkwardly enough, I am pretty sure I am not a new blogger.
I’ve been doing this blogging thing since 2009. *smile*
And this specific blog, Traveling the Narrow Road, has been active since 2011.
However, I am what I would consider an ‘unknown’ blogger,
yet based off the official rules, I do fit in this category. =)
So here are the official rules of the LEIBSTER AWARD:
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers
- Thank and link to the nominating blog
- Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they’ve been nominated
- Write a post containing the questions
- Include these rules in the post
So here are the 10 questions I was asked:
1. How long have you been homeschooling ?
We began our homeschool journey in 2002, when I pulled my 2nd son out of public school (in 4th grade).
The following year I began to homeschool our 3rd son beginning in 1st grade.
The rest of the journey has been quite adventurous over the years!
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go ?
I joke about moving to Alaska or Texas, but really, I find the Pacific Northwest the most beautiful place to live. Specifically, Washington, in terms of beauty. Oregon is our preferred choice because of the community we live in, and honestly, the homeschool laws that are flexible and friendly in our state.
3. What has been the most amazing moment in your homeschool journey ?
When your child graduates from high school and you realize not only did you not mess up your child, but that you truly did the ideal thing for that child’s best interest!! An educated, articulate, independent-thinking adult who is grounded in who they are, what they believe, and how to begin to embrace life. That, my friends, is the true beauty of the journey!
4. If you could take your kids on any kind of field trip, what would it be ?
My Dream Field Trip: To take an RV with the entire family for a year and visit a state per week, homeschooling hands on, on the road… going across the Northern States by summer (so it’s not too cold), and hitting the Southern States by winter (as to not experience too many creepy bugs, ha ha). That is my ultimate field trip!
5. What was the silliest argument, you were confronted with, not to homeschool ?
I have never been confronted to not homeschool. Don’t get me wrong, we often come across the usual stigmas; socialization, what about diplomas, how do you know they are really learning, etc… but never addressed specifically to me, because, well I suppose, because I am prepared to answer such things.
6. What are your hobbies ?
Me? My hobbies?… my kids? Ba ha ha… ok, maybe they aren’t my hobby, just my life. *smile*
My hobbies/interests… reading (surprise!), mentoring, walking/hiking, learning a foreign language.
7. Does your homeschool, have a name ?
L.I.F.E. Academy– which interestingly enough was created with help from my oldest son (who was public schooled).
Living In Faith Everyday
8. What is your favorite season ?
It has been Autumn for many, many years, so much color, changes, moods that seemed to match my life. Recently it is becoming more of Spring that I am fond of. Fresh new beginnings, of sorts.
9. How many languages do you speak ?
Speak? One. Learning? French, Spanish, sign language…
10. What do you wish for your future ?
Grandkids!! Yes, someday I want to be blessed with some grandbabies!
For my actual future? Honestly, that we just keep doing this parenting thing with as much grace and guidance that we can offer, and that my marriage is continually blessed in the process!
The 10 Blogs I Nominate:
A New Journey of Faith.
The Learning Cove.
Grace Filled Pockets.
Ummm, yeah, that’s all I got. I haven’t had time to explore fresh new blogs in awhile…
so if you have any favorite’s, let me know?!
My questions to the nominees!
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What type of blog reading do you prefer?
3. What are your hobbies?
4. What is your (own) favorite blog post up to this point?
5. Are you a morning blog post writer, or a late night one?
6. Do you plan your posts ahead of time, or wing topics as you think of them?
7. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
8. What is your favorite type of book to read?
9. If you were to give random advice about life, what would it be?
10. What is your best childhood memory?