What does one do when they hit a plateau and lose motivation?
Make a list of what inspires you:
1. My husband’s willingness to make-shift a gym in our already overcrowded garage.
Woo hoo, stationary bike, elliptical, weights, and a mat with TV on hand for exercise videos!
2. My children. To have enough energy to live, learn, & love alongside them!
3. My age. To know my age does not define my wellness.
4. My weight (for now). Despite my roundness, I am blessed to be quite healthy.
5. Friends who run. Yeah, that always sparks my interest, in a spectator kind-of-way.
6. A sweet young pregnant mama who lets me go for walks with her. *smile*
7. A friend who wants to work out with me, and enjoys pain. I thought it was just me, lol.
8. My body (in general). To know that this temple is what houses the Holy Spirit.
9. My mom. Whom struggles with many health obstacles; diabetes, eyesight, neuropathy, to name just a few… and yet she keeps moving forward, slowly working on her own weight loss journey. I am so proud of her.
10. My husband, who sees past my physical flaws and somehow sees the beauty within…
Despite the plateau, I am appreciating where I am at. I am working through some character issues, and life still presses on, as sometimes we need to work on the inside while the outside is taking a break.
So, what motivates you?
Dear Friends, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.
~3 John 2:1